Saturday, April 19, 2014

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter Review


     In Ally Carter's young adult novel, I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, a young girl named Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women. At a first glance this school looks like your average all girl private school, but at a closer glance it is revealed that it is actually a secret spy school whose headmistress is Cammie's mother, a former covert operative. 


     All of the girls who attend the school take special lessons in spying from teachers who used to be experts at the craft. Cammie has also become quite an expert spy, and is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, however when she meets a boy named Josh she falls head over heels and doesn't know what to do with herself. 

     The first thing that fascinated me about this book was its quirkiness. Ally Carter's writing style captures the emotions of a teenage girl in love perfectly, and so it is a perfect read for females in high school and middle school. I enjoyed reading Cammie's adventures in keeping her spy identity a secret and I look forward to continuing this series in the future.

My rating: 8.5 out of 10 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!