Saturday, January 11, 2014

This Star Won't Go Out


     It was about 4 o'clock in the morning on a Tuesday and I was watching a vlogbrothers video. John Green was discussing "warm things" when all of a sudden he brought up the topic of a girl named Esther Earl.

     Now, I am familiar with Esther Earl and the This Star Won't Go Out Foundation, but what John Green brought up was something I had no idea about:


     Esther Earl has a book coming out.

     Okay, so let's back up because I'm going to assume that most of you are unaware who I'm even talking about. Esther Earl was a 16-year-old girl who passed away a couple years ago from cancer. Before passing away however, I and many fellow YouTube watchers were able to meet and get to know Esther through her YouTube channel and videos (which if any of you are interested in checking out, I'll link here).

     It was Esther's dream to become a published author, and now she has an book upcoming book titled:

         This Star Won't Go Out 

     She was such an inspiring girl, and I am so happy to have gotten to know her through her channel, and I look forward so much to getting to know her through her upcoming book (with an introduction written by John Green himself nonetheless). I hope that you all go out and buy a copy when it comes out on January 28th, or you can pre-order it on Amazon.

     Also on February 1st there will be a book release celebration outside of Boston that I will be attending, and for more information on that click here

Rest in awesome, Esther.
And congratulations, you are officially a published author!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!