Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Favorite Children's Book

     When I was a little girl my favorite children's book that my mother would always bring home from the library for me was The Puddle Pail by Elisa Kleven. It was a cute little book which depicted two dragon like creatures who had various collections. The elder collected many average things and individual would collect, such as things you would find on a beach or bottle caps, but the younger collected puddles. 

     By the simple act of scooping up water into a pail, somehow this was preserving the reflection of each puddle, and I always thought this to be the most artistic thing in the world to me. The fact that just by collecting a trace of liquid you are preserving a piece of something that means more just seems too remarkable for a children's story.

So what is your favorite children's book that you read as a child?
And what about it stood out to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!