Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars Movie Review


   This past weekend John Green's The Fault In Our Stars came out in theaters and it delivered! As many of you know The Fault In Our Stars has been on the NY Times Best Seller List basically since the day it came out, and with John Green's popular nerdfighter fanbase this was to be expected. 


     The story is narrated by a teenage girl named Hazel Lancaster who suffers from cancer, who meets her star-crossed lover Augustus Waters in the "actual-heart-of-Jesus-Christ" better known as the basement of a church during a support group meeting. Now, I won't go into the full synopsis of the book I will now critique the movie and share my opinion.

   The cast is beautiful and perfect. To quote John Green's writing "my thoughts are like stars I can't fathom into constellations" when I think about how perfect the casting for this movie truly is. Every single character is depicted in the exact way I pictured them while reading The Fault In Our Stars for the first time, and it's just perfect!

     The plot of the movie does leave some minor points of the book out, including some quotes which I wish had been included, but for a movie that is already 2 hours and 6 minutes long I think it couldn't have captured the story better with the time given. 

     Finally, I always advise people to read a book before they see a movie, but if reading really isn't your cup of tea (I'm not really sure how you stumbled across my blog, but thanks for sticking around to read this I guess) please go see the movie anyway. The book is of course better than the movie in my opinion, but the movie is a masterpiece which I think everyone needs to witness if they haven't already.

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars.
P.S. When you go to see the movie don't forget tissues! You will need them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!